Sound TechnicianApply Now
About the role…
The Sound Technician is primarily responsible for the effective execution of all audio related tasks for the assigned Lounge and its operations onboard the MSC cruise line. Reporting to the Technical Director, this role will be responsible for the setup and operation of all audio needs within the venue and maintenance of the audio equipment, as well as participate in all sets/strikes in the venues.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to run and program shows on Yamaha CL3 Mixing Console
- Knowledgeable and comfortable with various digital and analogue audio equipment (RF systems, compressors, graphic EQ’s, etc.)
- Proven track record of mixing live vocals and bands
- Knowledge of LogicPro & Q-lab required
- Experience with GreenGo systems and Dante peripherals a strong plus
- Preset and run all events taking place in assigned venue, ranging from a single speaker, Guest Entertainer Acts, to staged production incorporating live vocals and band
- Complete post-show duties following each performance/event, ensuring that equipment is properly powered down and stored
- Regularly safety inspect and maintain audio equipment in venue
- Effectively troubleshoot and report on all audio issues
- Assist with overall production needs as reasonably requested
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring…
- Have a valid passport not expiring withing 6 months past the length of the contract
- Have or the ability to obtain and visas required given the sailing itinerary of the ship
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in theatre (production or technical) or 3 years of in field experience required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
- Operational knowledge of technical equipment inclusive of rigging, sound, lighting, video and automation.
- Cruise Line or Touring Experience suggested, but not required.
- Ability to remain positive and push thru in stressful situations, while still accomplishing daily work.
- Ability to communicate with multiple departments onboard, understanding how the entertainment team, folds into the bigger operation.
- Ability to work seven (7) days per week for periods of up to 8-months at a time.
- Comfortable living and working in close quarters with co-workers from varied backgrounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods, work at height as required, and consistently lift 75 pounds in fulfillment of responsibilities.
- Ability to learn and abide by all onboard safety regulations as outlined in ship’s Safety Management System.
- Ability to complete pre-employment medical screening, including MSC vaccination requirements
- Ability to remain positive in stressful situations working under tight deadlines.
- The ability to analyze and evaluate the need for technical support for various events and performances.
Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or proof of exemption) will be required.
What we bring…
- Onboard (crossover) training included
- Food & Lodging Included
- Double Occupancy Cabin
- Select Privileges in Passenger Dining Facilities
- Access to Guest Gym Facilities
- Free Laundry Service
- Friends and Family cruise discounts
- Some contracts are an immediate start
- $810 per week with a 10% additional contract completion bonus
At RWS, we believe our bold makers and mold breakers can come from any background. Our stage is open to all applicants, regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. RWS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.